▍What is CE Certification?
The CE mark is a “passport” for products entering the EU countries and the EU Free Trade Association countries market. Any product (involved in the new method directive), whether produced by the EU or EU member states, must be in compliance with the requirements of the Directive and relevant harmonized standards and attach the CE mark, before being placed on the EU market in order to be freely circulated in the EU market. This is a mandatory requirement of the EU law for related products, which provides a uniform minimum technical standard for trade of products in the European market and simplifies the trade process.
▍What is CE directive?
The Directive is a legislative document established by by Council of European Union and European Commission based on Treaty on European Union. The following directives applicable for batteries are as follow:
2006/66/EC&2013/56/EU: Battery Directive, batteries complying with this directive must have a trash can logo;
2014/30/EU: Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC Directive), batteries complying with this directive must have a CE mark;
2011/65/EU: ROHS directive, batteries complying with this directive must have a CE mark;
Tips: When a product needs to meet multiple CE directives (the CE mark needs to be attached), the CE mark can only be pasted when all the requirements of the directive are met.
▍The Necessity of Applying for CE Certification
Any product from different countries that wants to enter the EU and the European Free Trade Zone must be applied with CE-certified and CE marked on the product. Therefore, CE certification is a passport for products entering EU and the European Free Trade Zone .
▍Benefits Of Applying for CE certification
1. EU laws, regulations, and coordinate standards are not only large in quantity, but also complex in content. Therefore, obtaining the CE certification is a very smart choice to save time and effort as well as to reduce the risk;
2. A CE certificate can help earning the trust of the consumers and market supervision institution to a maximum extent;
3. It can effectively prevent the irresponsible allegations situation;
4. CE certificate will be legally binding technical evidence in the case of lawsuit cases;
5. Once enterprise was punished by EU countries, certification bodies will sharing risks together and hence, reduce the risk of the enterprise.
● MCM has a technical team with up to more than 20 professionals engaged in the field of battery CE certification, which provide clients with faster and more accurate and latest CE certification information;
● MCM provides various CE solutions including LVD, EMC, battery directives, etc. for clients；
● MCM has provided more than 4000 battery CE tests worldwide till today .